The Bilingual Mind research group has the following research equipment: a Tobii X120 eye-tracker and two ERP recording machines, a 64-channel and a 32-channel Brain Recorder system provided with Brain Vision Analyzer and Recorder software (versions 1.50 and 2.0) and 18 caps (6 Electro-Cap International with 64 electrodes and 12 ActiCap with 32 electrodes). Also, we have an extensive range of computer software for the programming and analysis of computer-based experiments (e.g., Presentation, E-Prime, SPSS, Matlab, R, DMDX, Linger, etc.) as well as the basic informatic equipment necessary to run the experiments (PCs, screen monitors, headphones, microphones, video and audio recorders). The research group is staffed with a laboratory manager and a laboratory technician.
Different equipments and software are used depending on the type of study and procedure to be carried out. Please, click here to find some pictures of our lab.
Used to control experiments and to generate stimuli.
- Intel Core i7-2600 3.40 GHz
- Intel Core i5-3570 3.40 GHz
- TFT Dell
- TFT Philips
- TFT BenQ
- Chronos (usb-based response and stimulus device)
- Shennheiser PC333D G4ME headphones
- Shennheiser PC350 headphones
- JVC HDD Everio G Series digital camera
- Olympus Digital Voice Recorder WS-750M, voice recorder
- Olympus Linear PCM Recorder LS-5, voice recorder
- AKG microphone and tripod
EEG Recording System:
3 BrainAmp Standar amplifiers in each experiment booth.
- Each amplifier is used with a set of actiCap active electrodes (32/64)
- Each amplifier is used with a set of Electro-Cap passive electrodes (32/64)
Portable lab to test children:
1 CPU, 2 screens and a laptop. The equipment is installed under a tent which can also be used as experiment booth.