Myself, Right now
- 1 Oier Echaniz Beneitez
- 2 Software
- 3 Publications
- 4 Recognitions
- 5 Activities
- 6 Interesting Links and Projects
- 7 Research Areas
- 8 Pending Tasks
- 9 Leisure Time
Oier Echaniz Beneitez
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett
"Solving a problem in a hundred years is, practically speaking, the same as not solving it at all." - Steven Pinker
- Computer Science Engineer (2006/2012) - Universidad del País Vasco (UPV/EHU).
- Masters Degree in Computational Engineering and Intelligent Systems (2012/2013) - Universidad del País Vasco (UPV/EHU).
- PhD Student in the Computational Intelligence Group of the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Department - Universidad del País Vasco (UPV/EHU).
- June/2011 - March/2012 - Research assistant at Tecnalia Research and Innovation
- Data mining and optimization algorithms used to predict errors in a aeronautic production.
- January/2013 - December/2015 - CTO/Founder at Asmatu Intelligent Solutions
- Optimization and machine learning for industry
Organizations and volunteering
- Python San Sebastian Society - Chair (since 2014)
- EuroPython Society - Member since 2015. Former board member (2015-2017)
- EuskoPython Society - Chair (since 2014)
- European Network for the Study of Cholangiocarcinoma (ENS-CCA) - supporting member
- Aspanogi - Volunteer/Helper (since 2014)
- PyJokes Society - Spokesperson and contributor
- Software Carpentry - Instructor
- Vampyr: a Python module to analize statistically blood samples.
- Asmatzen (my blog)
Marta Fernandez-Mercado, Erika Larrea, Izaskun Ceberio, Ibai Goicoechea, Oier Etxaniz, Julien Buratti, Yufei Luo, Marcos Arauzo-Bravo,Markus Landthaler, Charles H. Lawrie1
- NOVEL TARGET GENES OF DEREGULATED MIRNAS IN DLBCL REVEALED BY ENDOGENOUS AGO2 PAR-CLIP
- 22nd Congress of the European Hematology Association (E-POSTER)
Manuel Grana, Oier Echaniz, Beatriz Rodriguez-Vigil and Idoia Labayen.
- Automated segmentation of visceral adiposity in MRI in obese children
- CORES 2017
Oier Echaniz, Manuel Graña
- Ongoing work on deep learning for lung cancer prediction"
- IWINAC 2017
Manuel Graña, Oier Echaniz
- Views on Electronic Health Record
- Inmed 2016
Medrano M, Maiz E, Maldonado-Martín S, Arenaza L, Rodríguez-Vigil B, Ortega FB, Ruiz JR, Larrarte E, Díez I, Sarasúa A, Tobalina I, Barrenechea L, Pérez-Asenjo J, Kannengiesser S, Manhães-Savio A, Echaniz O, Labayen I
- The effect of a multidisciplinary intervention program on hepatic adiposity in overweight-obese children: protocol of the EFIGRO study
- Contemporary Clinical Trials
- DOI: 10.1016/j.cct.2015.09.017
Oier Echaniz, Borja Ayerdi, Alexandre Savio, Manuel Graña
- An Ad-Hoc Image Segmentation of Subcutaneous and Visceral Adipose Tissue from Abdomino-Pelvic Magnetic Resonance Images
- Inmed 2015
Borja Ayerdi, Oier Echaniz, Alexandre Savio, Manuel Graña
- Automated Segmentation of Subcutaneous and Visceral Adipose Tissues from MRI
- Inmed 2015
Alexandre Savio, Oier Echaniz, Manuel Graña
- Comparando Cerebros con la Morfometría Basada en Voxel Clave: P
- Semana del cerebro, San Sebastián, 9/03/2015 (POSTER)
Medalla al merito ciudadano: ASPANOGI, San Sebastian, 2017
- As part of Aspanogi volunteering team.
Jesus M Banales et al.
- Expert consensus document: Cholangiocarcinoma: current knowledge and future perspectives consensus statement from the European Network for the Study of Cholangiocarcinoma (ENS-CCA)
- Nature Reviews Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Entreprenari saria 2012:
Best end of grade project with business projections.
(x) future events, find me in this activities!
- Instructor of Software Carpentry Workshop at Lund University 2016 (LundSWC)
- Speaker and worshop instructor of European Maker Week Gasteiz 2016 (makerday)
- (x) Local organizing committee member of Python San Sebastian 2017 (Pyss17)
- Organizing committee as Board Member of Europython 2017 (Europython 2017)
- Local organizing committee member of Python San Sebastian 2016 (Pyss16)
- Local organizing committee member of ICEUTE 2016 (ICEUTE 2016)
- Local organizing committee member of SOCO 2016 (SOCO 2016)
- Local organizing committee member of CISIS 2016 (CISIS 2016)
- Local organizing committee member of Europython 2016 (Europython 2016)
- Local organizing committee and helper of Software Carpentry Workshop CFM-EHU 2016
- Local organizing committee member of the I International Monothematic Congress in Cholangiocarcinoma (MCCCA)
- Local organizing committee member of Python San Sebastian 2015 (Pyss15)
- Local organizing committee (Host) and helper of Software Carpentry Workshop CFM-EHU 2015
- Local organizing committee member of Europython 2015 (Europython 2015)
- Local organizing committee member of Python San Sebastian 2014 (Pyss14)
- IWINAC 2017 - La Coruña, Galicia, Spain
- CORES 2017 - Polanica-Zdroj, Poland
- Inmed 2016 - Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
- PyconSette - Florence, Italy
- Inmed 2015 - Tokyo, Japan
- CORES 2015 - Wroclaw, Poland
- Big Data meets Machine Learning 2015 - Wroclaw, Poland
- EuroPython 2014 - Berlin, Germany
Interesting Links and Projects
- SlicerProstate - OS library for prostate imaging (Using Slicer) github
- QIIRC - Quantitative image informatics for cancer research
- birving - Personal website of Benjamin Irving (medical Image researcher)
- cancerimagearchive - Archive with plenty medical images for cancer research
- MIMIC - MIMIC is an openly available dataset developed by the MIT Lab for Computational Physiology, comprising deidentified health data associated with ~40,000 critical care patients. It includes demographics, vital signs, laboratory tests, medications, and more.
- Pattern recognition applied to medical images
- Medical image processing
- Save the world
"We are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." - Kurt Vonnegut
- Ordago movie Codirector (Canceled)