Doctoral Programme in Rethinking Globalization: Challenges and Interdisciplinary Solutions
Basic and general skills
- Systematic understanding of a field of study and mastery of the skills and research methods related to the said field.
- The ability to conceive, design or create, implement and adopt a substantial research or creation process.
- The ability to contribute to the expanding of the frontiers of knowledge by means of original research.
- The ability to perform a critical analysis and an evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas.
- The ability to communicate with the academic and scientific community and with the general public about fields of knowledge in the modes and language regularly used in the international scientific community.
- The ability to promote, within academic and professional contexts, scientific, technological, social, artistic and cultural progress in a society based on knowledge.
Personal skills and aptitudes
- To cope in contexts in which there is little specific information.
- To find the key questions which must be answered to solve a complex problem.
- To design, create, develop and launch new and innovative projects in a field of knowledge.
- To work both in a team and in an autonomous manner in an international or multi-disciplinary context.
- To integrate knowledge, face up to complexity and formulate judgements with limited information.
- Criticism and intellectual defence of solutions.