Titulo - Matrícula
Perfil Ingreso - Ingeniería Mecánica
Profile for admission
There are two main profiles for admission:
- Training in the area of mechanical engineering. Degree and master's degree in Industrial Engineering, specialising in the mechanical aspect (design, manufacture, construction).
- Degree and master's degree in one of the fields of engineering other than mechanical, for example, aeronautical, civil, naval engineering, etc. The programme's Academic Commission will study each student's profile for admission and will decide whether they need to acquire specific additional training or not. This training will be acquired by completing between 6 and 15 ECTS credits of subjects in the official master's degrees available at the UPV/EHU in the area of mechanical engineering or similar, in which students can enrol following their tutors or thesis directors' advice, once they have been accepted on the doctoral programme.
This program does not establish any specific supplementary training. However, bearing in mind that access is open to students with graduate's degrees or higher, with at least 300 ECTS credits, whose studies may not have included specific content in research training, the academic committee of the program will study the cases of each of the students admitted, depending on their entry profiles, to decide whether they need to acquire this research training. The training will be acquired by means of completing between 6 and 15 ECTS credits in subjects of official master's degrees offered by the UPV/EHU in the area of mechanical engineering or any equivalent training with regard to research skills, for which students will enrol, on the advice of their tutors or thesis directors, once they have enrolled on the doctoral program.
The assessment criteria for admission to the doctoral program will take into account the following aspects with their different values.
When the number of pre-enrolments exceeds the established maximum number of students, the Academic Committee will select the candidates by applying the following criteria:
- Qualifications (25%)
- Academic record (35%)
- Professional experience (15%)
- Research experience (15%)
- Other merits:
* Languages: English, qualifications such as Cambridge FCE (B2 level), CAE (C1 level), etc. (5%)
* Training stays at centres of excellence (5%)
Botones matrícula - Común
Matricula Procedimiento Asignacion - Común
Once a student has been accepted onto the doctoral programme, the Academic Commission will assign them a tutor from among the faculty at the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) participating in the programme, who will then be responsible for ensuring good interaction with the Academic Commission and adapting the training and research activities to the principles established by the programme and the Doctorate School.
Within three months of enrolment, the Academic Commission will assign each student a thesis director from among the faculty participating in the programme. The director may or may or not be the same person as the tutor, and will be responsible for guiding and ensuring the consistency of the training and research tasks, and guaranteeing that the topic of the thesis have an impact and make a novel contribution to the field. They are also responsible for guiding the thesis plan and adapting it, if required, to other projects and activities in which the PhD student is involved.
If the director is not a member of the faculty at the UPV/EHU, the tutor will act as a liaison.
Doctoral theses may also be co-directed, and the second co-director may or may not be a member of the DP. New tutors or directors may be assigned at any moment during the thesis.