PhD student supervision functions are laid out in a statement of commitment signed by the head of the doctoral programme, the thesis supervisor, the tutor and the PhD student him or herself. This document must be signed as quickly as possible once the thesis supervisor has been appointed.
After the end of the first year, the PhD student will draft a Research Plan which shall include, at the very least, the methodology to be used and the objectives to be attained, as well as the means and time frame for the research activities to be carried out. The Research Plan shall be modified annually to outline any progress made, and the Programme's Academic Commission is responsible for assessing it.
If the assessment of the Plan by the Academic Commission is negative (always on the basis of justifiable objections), the PhD student must draft and submit a new Research Plan within the following six months. If the Plan is again deemed unacceptable, the PhD student will no longer be allowed to continue on the programme.
A customised Document of Activities shall be created for each PhD student which will outline all the training activities carried out during their time in the Doctoral Programme. The document will be generated automatically on the basis of the activities each PhD student uploads to the GAUR application.
- 1. Request for joint supervision of the doctoral thesis (doc ,79.50 Kb)
- 2. Contributions provided for joint supervision (doc ,252.50 Kb)
- 3. Agreement reached by the Academic Commission of the Doctoral Programme approving the joint supervision of the Doctoral Thesis (doc ,204.50 Kb)
- 4. Request to change thesis supervisor on a Doctoral Programme (doc ,70.00 Kb)
- 5. Request to change time commitment within a Doctoral Programme (doc ,75.50 Kb)
- 6. Request for an extension within a Doctoral Programme (doc ,76.50 Kb)
- 7. Request to suspend doctoral studies (doc ,71.50 Kb)
- 8. Referral of the Thesis for inclusion in the General Register (doc ,70.50 Kb)
- 9. Authorisation of the thesis supervisor for its presentation (doc ,63.50 Kb)
- 10. Authorisation of the thesis tutor for its presentation (This document should only be completed when the thesis tutor is someone other than the thesis supervisor) (doc ,66.00 Kb)
- 11. Authorisation of the Doctoral Programme's Academic Commission (doc ,214.50 Kb)
- 12. Department authorisation (docx ,51.57 Kb)
- 13. PHD degree certificate doctoral thesis viva certificate (doc ,69.50 Kb)
- 14. Request for the appointment of a 5 member panel for a doctoral thesis viva (doc ,90.50 Kb)
- 15. Request for the appointment of a 3 member panel for a doctoral thesis viva (doc ,89.50 Kb)
- 16. Instructions for examination panels Proposals for 5-member examination panels (doc ,77.00 Kb)
- 17. Instructions for examination panels Proposals for 3-member examination panels (docx ,56.51 Kb)
- 18. PHD student file and doctoral thesis excerpt / abstract (doc ,115.00 Kb)
- 19. Request for an International Mention (doc ,70.50 Kb)
- 20. Request for C2 Basque language certificate (doc ,89.00 Kb)
- 21. Communication Thesis Defense Date (doc ,64.00 Kb)
- 22. Presentation of the documents required for the viva (doc ,68.50 Kb)
- 23. Final Report (doc ,66.00 Kb)
- 24. Agreement for publishing the doctoral thesis in the University of the Basque Country's institutional repository (ADDI) (doc ,227.50 Kb)
- 25. Guidelines for choosing the copyright protection system (doc ,224.50 Kb)
- 26. Cum Laude distinction appendix (doc ,66.00 Kb)
- 27. Extraordinary award appendix (doc ,66.00 Kb)