During its meeting on 21 February 2020, the University of the Basque Country's Postgraduate Commission agreed to issue the call for applications for the Extraordinary Doctoral Prizes corresponding to the 2017-2018 academic year.
Recommendations to be borne in mind by the Postgraduate Commission and examination boards when granting extraordinary doctoral awards:
- The composition of the boards for granting extraordinary doctoral awards in each field of knowledge should reflect the different areas within said field.
- When establishing a common standard or scale to be used by all boards to assess applications, the criteria established by the CNEAI (National Assessment Committee for Research Activities) for each area of knowledge shall be taken as references.
- When making their decision, each board shall take into account the number of theses defended per area of knowledge. This distribution will of course depend on the quality of the award-winning theses.
- Each board shall establish a clear, detailed scale in order to render the rationale behind the decisions more transparent.
- In addition to the above, the boards shall take into account whether the thesis has obtained the status of International Thesis.