Language Analysis and Processing
The main goal of the programme is to analyse the language and learn the techniques and applications for computational language processing.
Applications developed within the language industry include:
Text-editing and Management (grammar and spell checkers, dictionary aids).
Information Retrieval and Extraction for large volumes of text.
Natural Language Interfaces.
Thus, it is intended to go deeply into the students' scientific and technical training, so as to develop the skills and methods necessary to improve experimental research. Likewise, it is intended to improve training in aspects that are useful for achieving this objective.
The master will offer students the means to undertake an empirical linguistic research.
The aim of the master is to train researchers who wish to address, from all possible viewpoints, research on language, and get the highest scientific level.
- Ability for analysis and synthesis.
- Ability for managing information and available resources.
- Ability for organization and planning.
- Ability to apply existing tools for the processing of different languages (morphological, syntactic and semantic analyzers).
- Ability to associate the most relevant empirical methods for language technology research.
- Ability to efficiently produce the technical documentation related to the research and development task carried out.
- Ability to identify the most relevant symbolic methods for language technology research.
- Ability to investigate the design of language processing systems.
- Ability to reason and draw conclusions.
- Ability to understand the features of human language that make it difficult for automatic processing.
- Ability to use existing applications in the field of language technology.
- Ability to use massive linguistic resources for different languages.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Oral and written communication in English.