COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates

As of 12 December 2021, a vaccination certificate is required in the Basque Country to access places such as the university canteen, bars, restaurants, nightclubs, hospitals, museums, theatres, cinemas, concerts, gyms, stadiums, among others.

The accepted certificates in the Basque Country are:

COVID-19 Recuperation Certificates

Unvaccinated people who have recovered from the virus 11 to 180 days after a positive PCR test can obtain COVID-19 recuperation certificates. You may need this certificate to travel back to your home country.

  • If you have a Spanish identity document/number (DNI or NIE, but not a passport), the certificate can be issued automatically. Details.
  • If you do not have a Spanish identity document/number, the Basque Public Health Service, Osakidetza, will issue a certificate manually. You can request a recuperation certificate writing to: Due to the high number of requests, this process is slower.

Decalogue for students