In the Basque Country shared rented flats with other students is the most common option chosen by foreign students. There are also some residences and the possibility of living with a local family.
It is important that you make a reservation for your first couple of nights in the Basque Country at a youth hostel, pension (Spanish equivalent to a B&B) or hotel, while you find a permanent accommodation.
There is a Help Centre for Visiting Students which has a list of flats and rooms, as well of the residences. Their mission is to help foreign students to find accommodation. In addition, your buddy student can also help you find accommodation.
See “ACCOMMODATION WEB” for the full information.
If you are about to travel to the Faculty of the Business and Economics of University of the Basque Country and would like a local student to help you upon arrival, fill in our:
- Students in BILBAO-ELKANO and BILBAO-SARRIKO. A buddy-student will be assigned to all foreign undergraduate students. It is not necessary to request it.
- Students in DONOSTIA-SAN SEBASTIÁN and VITORIA-GASTEIZ. If you are interested in having a buddy-student, you must complete the following form: “Buddy request form”
Buddies are local students who volunteer to assist international visitors prior and upon arrival, helping them get oriented in the city and within the campus.
- A local student will help you settle in after you arrive at the UPV/EHU
- Check that your contact details and the date of arrival are correct before sending the form
- When you receive an email from us with the contact details of your BUDDY, don’t forget to write to him/her
- If your trip has been cancelled, please tell us as soon as possible. That way, your BUDDY can help someone else settle in.
- Priority for non-Spanish-speaking incoming students
Our university offer free of charge intensive Spanish courses on August-September, before the term begins, as well as regular Spanish and Basque language courses along the semesters.
- August-September Spanish Intensive course
- Autumn and Spring Spanish courses
- Autumn and Spring Basque courses
See “Information, contact and registration procedure” for the full information.