NEW ENGLISH COURSE!!
This course has been designed for students who have successfully completed the course "English Communication for the Professional and Academic Sphere” but it is open to everybody. You will have the opportunity to explore and practice further the linguistic aspects of communication, both orally and in the writing form, to an advanced level. You will improve your speaking and writing skills in the academic sphere related to your field of study. You will also advance in the skills of presenting your CV to prospective employers, writing a letter of recommendation and a cover letter, or writing formal emails in English. Special attention is placed on the oral use of the language and on the academic style used in the written and spoken forms. All this requires specific discourse structures, vocabulary and skills that are often overlooked in more general English courses.
The course is very practical and hands-on. Come and join us!
- Communication: Writing letters, writing emails, speaking on the phone.
- Applying for a scholarship/job. Writing up your CV. Writing a covering letter. Filling in application forms. Getting ready for a job interview.
- Writing about you subject. Academic vocabulary and grammar. Text-cohesion tools. Structuring the discourse.
- Talking about your subject. Oral presentations skills and tools. Useful discourse structures.
- Social English in the academic world. Improving your pronunciation. Common mistakes made by Basque/Spanish speakers.
- Cover Letter + CV + application letter (25%)
- Oral presentation about a topic in the student's field (25%)
- Problem solving activity (25%)
- Participation in class (25%)
- Progress Certificate
Attendance requirement in order to pass the course: at least de 80% of the sessions.
- Fees: 120€ (El pago se realizará a través de transferencia a la c/c de Kutxabank nº ES58 2095 0292 97 1063455413. Deberá hacer constar nombre y apellidos).
- Fee reduction.
- EHU Ikasle insurance fee: 4€ (If you are already registered as a student on another course or complementary course in 2019/2020, you are exempt from this insurance fee).
- Aimed at: Professionals and students who need to work at international level.
- Dates: From 13th February to 20th April 2020
- Timetable: Thursday 15:00-17:00 (from 13th February to 12th March) / Monday 15:00-17:00 (from 23th March to 20th April).
- 2 ECTS credits
- Course description
- Limited spaces!!
- Click here to register: CLOSED.