Welcome to the web page of the Faculty of Informatics of the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) in Donostia-San Sebastian. Here you will find information about our Faculty and the University. You will also find all the relevant information about our courses, as well as useful details for a smooth adjustment to our community.
Our Faculty is not simply an academic community, not even just a virtual one, but something more. Here you will have a good opportunity to share your interests and concerns. At the same time, we would like to keep the Faculty, together with your help, as a university space in peace and free for exchange of ideas, as these have always been the main characteristics that make us be proud of.
We offer one undergraduate study programme, Bachelor's degree in Informatics Engineering and the structure is as follows:
- Duration: 4 academic years. 240 ECTS credits. Every semester 5 courses of 6 credits each.
- The first two years, and two courses during the third year, are compulsory (a total of 22 courses) and they form the core body of the degree in informatics engineering.
- 3 specializations alternatives of 8 elective courses (48 total credits per specialization): Computer Engineering, Computation, and Software Engineering.
- A block of 26 elective courses of which the student must choose 8, for more in-depth knowledge of specific areas.
- Project work of 12 credits in the chosen speciality.
- Practical training in a company (up to 12 credits).
Free choice credits for the student, maximum 6 credits.
All courses can be done either in Basque or Spanish. The second year can also be done in English. Besides, in every year and semester there will be a course based on innovative methods of project-based learning.
First semester (Fall semester): September 10 - December 21 2018
Exams: January 8-25
Second semester (Spring semester): January 28 - May 21 2019
Exams: May 22 - June 4
Second call for exams: June 17-28