If you already have a good command of English (level B2 or higher), but you would like to improve it in areas related to the academic or professional environment, this may be the course for you. You will learn to write up your CV, write a letter, fill in an application form, write formal emails or hold telephone conversations in English. All this requires specific discourse structures, vocabulary and skills that are often overlooked in more general English courses. The course is very practical. Come and join us!
- Communication: Writing letters, writing emails, speaking on the phone.
- Applying for a scholarship/job. Writing up your CV. Writing a covering letter. Filling in application forms. Getting ready for a job interview.
- Writing about you subject. Academic vocabulary and grammar. Text-cohesion tools. Structuring the discourse.
- Talking about your subject. Oral presentations skills and tools. Useful discourse structures.
- Social English in the academic world. Improving your pronunciation. Common mistakes made by Basque/Spanish speakers.
- Cover Letter + CV + application letter (25%)
- Oral presentation about a topic in the student's field (25%)
- Problem solving activity (25%)
- Participation in class (25%)
- Progress Certificate
Attendance requierement in order to pass the course: at least de 80% of the sessions
- Fees: €120
- EHU Ikasle insurance fee: 4€ (If you are already registered as a student on another course or complementary course in 2019/2020, you are exempt from this insurance fee).
- Aimed at: Professionals and students who need to work at international level.
- Dates: From 8th October to 10th December 2019
- Timetable: Tuesday 15:00 to 17:00
- 2 ECTS credits
- Course description
- Limited spaces!!
Click here to book your place and register: CLOSED!