HAIS 2008 Special Session: Hybrid Intelligent Systems for Multi-robot and Multi-agent Systems
Multirobot systems are emerging as a the new frontier in Robotics research, posing new challenges and offering new solutions to old problems. Multirobot systems are not a collection of robots performing a once-for-ever fixed task in a settled and static environment. They are collections of interacting, cooperating autonomous agents with physical embodiment that impose restrictions on what they can do, but also give them power to do some specific things. Thus the paradigms of Multi-Agent and Multirobot systems are somehow related and the recognition of this parallelism may foster new avenues for research and solutions. Autonomous Systems are endowed with some kind of intelligence. In the field of Computational Intelligence, the paradigm of Hybrid Intelligent Systems encompasses the most flexible definitions and constructions of systems fusing the most diverse approaches: evolutionary computation, neural networks and statistical classifiers, fuzzy systems and lattice computing, Hidden Markov Models, Formal Concept Analysis, ...
Topics of Interest
- Heterogeneous and modular robot architectures.
- Heterogeneous multirobot team coordination.
- Cooperation hierarchies.
- Cooperative multirobot exploration.
- Mobile robot teams in industrial environments.
- Reactive distributed behavioral teams.
- Perception based control: visual servoing and SLAM
- Multiagent strategies for multirobot systems
And choose "SS03-Hybrid Intelligent Systems for Multi-robot and Multi-agent Systems"
All papers must be submitted in electronic form (Word format). Papers should ideally not exceed 8 pages and should comply with the format of LNCS/LNAI proceedings (see Information for LNCS Authors - Springer Website).
- Deadline for papers submission -->
30th April--- 7th May--- 15th, 2008 --- NEW DATE
- Notification of papers acceptance --> 30th May, 2008
- Deadline for camera-ready papers --> 20th June, 2008
- Author registration due --> 20th June, 2008
- HAIS 2008 Workshop --> 24th-26th September, 2008
- Alicia d'Anjou (UPV/EHU)
- José Antonio Becerra (UDC)
- Francisco Bellas (UDC)
- Enric Cervera (UJI)
- Gamini Dissanayake (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Marco Dorigo (Universite' Libre de Bruxelles)
- Richard Duro (UDC)
- Zelmar Echegoyen (I.S.A.R. Komat S.L.)
- Manuel Ferre (UPM)
- Manuel Graña (UPV/EHU)
- Javier de Lope (UPM)
- Jose Manuel Lopez-Guede (UPV/EHU)
- Dario Maraval (UPM)
- Angel Pascual del Pobil (UJI)
- Ivan Villaverde (UPV/EHU)
- Ekaitz Zulueta (UPV/EHU)
- Ivan Villaverde and Manuel Graña, A Hybrid Intelligent System for Robot Ego Motion Estimation with a 3D Camera (Download slides)
- Ramón Moreno, Alicia d’Anjou and Manuel Graña, Evolutive Parametric Approach for Specular Correction in the Dichromatic Reflection Model (Download slides)
- José Manuel López-Guede, Manuel Graña and Ekaitz Zulueta, On Distributed Cooperative Control for the Manipulation of a Hose by a Multirobot System (Download slides)
- Luis Payá, Oscar Reinoso, Arturo Gil and Javier Sogorb, Multi-Robot Route Following Using Omnidirectional Vision and Appearance-Based Representation of the Environment (Download slides)
- Iñaki Navarro, Álvaro Gutiérrez, Fernando Matía and Félix Monasterio-Huelin, An Approach to Flocking of Robots Using Minimal Local Sensing and Common Orientation (Download slides)
- Yolanda Sanz, Javier de Lope and José Antonio Martín, Applying Reinforcement Learning to Multi-robot Team Coordination
- Abraham Prieto, Francisco Bellas, Pilar Caamaño and Richard J. Duro, A Complex Systems Based Tool for Collective Robot Behavior Emergence and Analysis
- R.J. Duro, M. Graña and J. de Lope, On the need of Hybrid Intelligent Systems in Modular and Multi Robotics (draft) (Download slides)
- José Baca, Ariadna Yerpes, Manuel Ferre, Juan A. Escalera and Rafael Aracil, Modelling of Modular Robot Configurations using Graph Theory (Download slides)