BASQUE CULTURE! More than just a summer school
Would you like to experience a dream summer in Donostia-San Sebastián, one of the most beautiful cities in the Basque Country? The University of the Basque Country, a leader in the Basque university system, is offering you the chance to take part in the engaging course "Basque Culture II. International Summer School", from 3 July to 14 July 2017. This course, taught by internationally prestigious instructors, offers a unique academic opportunity which will allow you to get to know Basque society first-hand while you study its language and its customs.
But that's not all, because it will also be an unbeatable opportunity to live in the Basque Country. Try out the sports activities our beaches have to offer or get to know our gastronomy, music and dances first-hand!
- a) To learn about Basque culture and identity under the guidance of prestigious international experts in fields like literature, linguistics, history, sociology, anthropology, economics and science.
- b) To learn about Basque culture and identity both through fun immersion (visits to the surroundings, practical seminars, and so on) and Basque-language classes, prioritising a practical and cultural focus.
- a) To reflect on Basque culture and identity and its particularities (whether historical, symbolic, and so forth).
- b) To become familiar with the latest academic research regarding the different fields that comprise it, such as language and literature, anthropology, history, economics, etc.
- c) To acquire a working knowledge of the Basque language that allows one to communicate in everyday activities.
- d) To learn about Basque culture and geography, through excursions and fun activities.
- e) To be educated in the contribution that the University of the Basque Country has made to the study of and scholarly reflection on Basque culture and identity.
Your summer begins here!
- City: Donostia-San Sebastián
- Course dates: 03/07/2017-14/07/2017
- Language: English
- Number of class hours: 45 hours
- Tuition fees: 580 euros
- Course reservation from 09/01/2017 to 29/04/2017
- Completion of registration form 30/04/2017 to 01/06/2017
- Limited places. For enrolments outside the time periods indicated contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is an option to reserve accommodation with the special Basque Culture rate at Olarain Accommodation from 02/07/2017 to 15/07/2017 from 66.90 euros for a single room and 94.05 euros for a double room, both with breakfast included. More information in the Accommodation section.
- Limited places. Reservation of accommodation is only guaranteed for those registrations carried out before 29 April.
BASQUE CULTURE offers, to anyone interested in the culture and identity of the Basque Country, a complete program of seminars and cultural and leisure activities in Donostia-San Sebastián, made up of: