IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimizer’s mathematical optimization technology enables smarter decision-making for efficient resource utilization. CPLEX provides robust algorithms for demanding problems: IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimizer has solved problems with millions of constraints and variables. 12.6.3 version.
- Automatic and dynamic algorithm parameter control
IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimizer automatically determines “smart” settings for a wide range of algorithm parameters, usually resulting in optimal linear programming solution performance. However, for a more hands-on approach, dozens of parameters may be manually adjusted, including algorithmic strategy controls, output information controls, optimization duration limits, and numerical tolerances.
- Fast, automatic restarts from an advanced basis
Large problems can be modified, and then solved again in a fraction of the original solution time.
- A variety of problem modification options, such as:
– The ability to add and delete variables
– The ability to add and delete constraints
– The ability to modify objective, right-hand side, bound and matrix coefficients
– The ability to change constraint types
- A wide variety of input/output options, such as:
– Problem files: read/write MPS files, IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimizer LP files, MPS basis and revise files, binary problem/basis files
– Log files: session information and various solution reports
– Solution files: ASCII and binary solution files
– IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimizer messages: Each message type (such as RESULTS, WARNINGS or ERRORS) can be directed to specified files, or completely suppressed.
- Post solution information and analysis, including:
– Objective function value
– Solution variable and slack values
– Constraint dual values (shadow prices)
– Variable reduced costs
– Right-hand side, objective function, and bound sensitivity ranges
– Basic variables and constraints
– Solution infeasibilities (if any exist)
– Iteration/node count, solution time, process data
– Infeasibility (IIS) finder for diagnosing problem infeasibilities
– Feasibility optimizer for automatic correction of infeasible models
How to use
To use CPLEX execute:
There is a small benchmark usingCOIN-OR, see [intlink id=”5224″ type=”post”]COIN-OR web page[/intlink].