The European Higher Education configuration, adopted by over 45 countries, is known as the Bologna System; among its main features lie:
- A Bachelor´s Degree + Master + PhD studies structure
- In Spain, every Bachelor´s Degree consists of 240 ECTS credits, i.e. 4 years of study; 60 to 90 ECTS form master programmes, i.e. 12 to 18 months.
- Access to PhD studies gained upon completion of a master course
The European Credit Transfer System allows syllabi to be easily recognized. The University of the Basque Country applies the IKD (Cooperative and Dynamic learning) method. This student-centered didactics is based on active learning methodologies and enhances both personal and academic skills within trainees.
- Undergraduate courses in English 2015/16
- Undergraduate programmes (information available in Spanish/Basque)
- Official master programmes (information available in English)
- Doctoral studies (information available in English)
- Qualifications recognition, master & PhD (information available in English)
- Summer courses (information partly available in English)
- University courses for seniors (information available in English)