Equivalence of foreign qualifications


Requests for the recognition or declaration of equivalence of foreign bachelor's degree and master's degree qualifications must be addressed to the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities.

Requests to establish the declaration of equivalence of foreign doctoral-level qualifications to the academic level of doctor must be submitted to the University chosen by the person concerned.

Applications to the UPV/EHU

The application form must be filled in. The application must be submitted through the registry


Application must be accompanied by the documents specified in the application form.

Additional documentation may be required if this is felt necessary.

Requirements for documents

All documents attached must be official and issued by the authorities competent for this purpose, in accordance with the legal system of the country in question. Furthermore, in cases where this is necessary, the original documents must be duly legalised and translated.

Regarding certified copies. Documents may be certified in the places specified below: 

  • The UPV/EHU registry
  • Spanish embassies and consulates
  • Notary in Spain