The Iberian Association of Comparative Endocrinology (AIEC) was created on March 10, 1998 in Peñíscola-Castellón (Spain).
The association was founded to provide encouragement and to foster the research and scientific development and knowledge in comparative endocrinology developed in the Iberian Peninsula. The Association is composed mainly by Spanish and Portuguese scientists whose research are related to different aspects of endocrinology in both vertebrates and invertebrates. The Society is open for new members, coming from the Iberia Peninsula and other countries, interested in comparative endocrinology, comparative physiology and biochemistry as well as environmental issues related to endocrinology and cell signalling. The aim of Association is to give its members the possibility to share and discuss their scientific results specially encouraging the participation of young researchers.
For more information please visit https://www.aiecweb.com
- Isabel Navarro (President), University of Barcelona, Spain
- Jose Luis Soengas (Vice-president), University of Vigo, Spain
- Francisco Prat Bella (Secretary), Institute of Marine Sciences of Andalucia, Spain
- Encarnación Capilla Campos (Treasurer), University of Barcelona, Spain
- Mª Luz Pérez Igualada ( Vocal), Valencia Polytechnic University, Spain
- Francisco Javier Sánchez-Vázquez (Vocal), University of Murcia, Spain
- Patricia Isabel Silvestre Pinto (Vocal), Centre of Marine Sciences, Portugal
- Ibon Cancio Uriarte (Vocal), University of the Basque Country, Spain
Local organizing committee (University of the Basque Country, UPV/EHU)
- Ibon Cancio (Associate Professor, UPV/EHU)
- Maren Ortiz-Zarragoitia (Associate Professor, UPV/EHU)
- Oihane Diaz de Cerio (Associate Professor, UPV/EHU)
- Iratxe Rojo-Bartolomé (Associate Professor, UPV/EHU)