These are the main competences for which this degree will qualify you:
- To be proficient in the Basque and Spanish languages, and at least in one other foreign language, showing a correct and appropriate use and understanding of the languages in order to work in a multilingual educational context, nurturing attitudes of respect toward linguistic and cultural diversity.
- To cooperate with the different sectors within the school community and its social environment. Accept the educational dimension of a teacher's role and foster democratic education for an active civic approach.
- To design and regulate learning spaces within contexts of diversity that uphold the gender equality, equity and respect for human rights that constitute the values of civic education.
- To design, plan and assess teaching and learning processes, both individually and in cooperation with other teachers and staff at the school.
- To effectively address language learning situations in multicultural and multilingual contexts. To foster reading and critical text commentary in the various scientific and cultural domains within the school curriculum.
- To foster coexistence both inside and outside the classroom, resolve issues of discipline and help to resolve conflicts peacefully. Stimulate and appreciate the pupils' effort, constancy and personal discipline.
- To maintain a critical and autonomous attitude towards knowledge, values and public and private social institutions.
- To reflect upon classroom practices in order to innovate and improve the quality of teaching. Acquire skills and habits for autonomous and peer learning, promoting it among the pupils.
- To understand information and communications technologies and apply them in class. Selectively choose the audiovisual information that will contribute to the learning process, civic education and cultural richness.
- To understand the curricular areas of Primary Education, the interdisciplinary relationship between them, assessment criteria and the body of didactic knowledge surrounding teaching and learning procedures, respectively.
- To understand the organisation of primary schools and the diversity of actions involved in their running. Perform the duties of tutor and mentor for pupils and their families, attending to the pupil's unique educational requirements. Accept that a teacher's role needs to be perfected in response to scientific, educational and social changes over the course of a career.
- To understand the role, possibilities and limits of education in today's society and key competencies that affect primary schools and their staff. Understand models for improving quality that are applicable to schools.
- To value individual and collective responsibility in the achievement of a sustainable future.