LINGUATEC: Development of cross-border cooperation and the transfer of knowledge in language technologies.
Specific programme: Cooperation Programme Interreg V-A España-Francia-Andorra (Interreg POCTEFA)
UPV/EHU Partner Status: Beneficiary
UPV/EHU PI: Kepa Sarasola
Project start: 01/01/2018
Project end: 31/12/2020
Brief description: The goal of the project is to develop, test and disseminate new innovative linguistic resources, tools and solutions for a better digitalization level ofthe Aragonian, Basque and Occitan (O) languages. Expected results include:
- A Road Map for Aragonian Digitalization.
- Five new linguistic resources: Occitan: monolingual and bilingual lexicons and morphosyntactic and syntactic analysis; Basque: speech recognition.
- Eight linguistic tools developed: Aragonian, Iparralde Basque and Occitan vocal synthesis, Occitan and variants textual detector, improvement of automatic translation of Aragonian and Basque to Spanish and Occitan-French.
- Six innovative solutions developed: this will be a downloadable bar for automatic translation on browsers, automatic translation tools for CMS, automatic translation app for three languages, Unified Basque Digital Handbook, Aragonian online Dictionary, multilingual semantic search browser.
- Two university-business collaboration agreements for commercialization.
Cross-border cooperation will allow the transfer of knowledge and development of linguistic solutions with a potential market uptake, benefitting language professionals, easing access to multilingual contents, and fostering the development of a cross-border language technology cluster.