The degree programme in Mathematics trains students in modelling reality as well as formulating, analysing and resolving problems in different business and professional areas based on logical reasoning, while focusing on the practical applications of this degree. Among other skills, work is done on:
- Knowing the purpose, methods and uses of mathematics, its basic concepts, its fundamental results and the demonstrations of some classical theorems.
- Abstracting structural properties, distinguishing these from occasional properties.
- Resolving mathematics problems through basic calculation abilities.
- Using computer applications and developing programs for experimenting with mathematical problems.
- Understanding and using mathematics as a language.