The Econometrics Research Group (ERG) is a high performance consolidated research group (as defined by the Directorate of Scientific Policy of the Basque Government) whose main body resides in the Department of Econometrics and Statistics of the University of the Basque Country/Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea (UPV/EHU).
Since its creation in 1998 the ERG has stayed faithful to its general mission statement of pursuing the advancement of basic research in statistical and econometric techniques along with the application of these advances to socioeconomic empirical research. In particular, the specific objectives in which members of the ERG work at the moment are:
- research on spectral methods for the estimation and testing of spatial and multidimensional data models,
- semiparametric estimation of microeconometric and time series models,
- use of pseudo-panels in nonindependent successive samples,
- design of methodologies for the evaluation of intelligent territories in the knowledge society,
- construction of goodness-of-fit tests,
- studies of quality of life with respect to health.
A high degree of connectivity exists between these objectives, from which the members of the group derive important synergies. The ERG also collaborates assiduously with the Institute for Public Economics of the UPV/EHU in the development of research topics interest.