Regulations for its composition and election
The Postgraduate Committee is regulated by Articles 89 and 90 of the Statutes of the University and by the Regulation for its composition and election, approved by the Governing Council on 27 September 2012, published in the Official Gazette of the Basque Country on 29/10/2012 and modified on 18 July 2013.
Montserrat Maritxalar Anglada, Vice-Rector of Postgraduate Studies and Continuous Education
In representation of the teaching and research staff:
- Branch of knowledge of Arts and Humanities:
- Susana Jodra Llorente
- Carlos García Castillero
- Santiago de Pablo Contreras
- Branch of knowledge of Science:
- Begoña Bazan Blau
- Asier Fullaondo Elordui-Zapaterietxe
- Miren Ostra Beldarrain
- Branch of knowledge of Health Sciences:
- Mª Begoña Ruiz Larrea
- Jon Zarate Sesma
- Teresa Morera Herreras
- Branch of knowledge of Social Sciences and Law:
- Andrés Araujo de la Mata
- Juana Goizueta Vertiz
- Arkaitz Lareki Arcos
- Branch of knowledge of Engineering and Architecture:
- Itziar Cabanes Axpe
- Koldobika Gojenola
- Estibaliz Apiñaniz
- In representation of the Students:
- Eva Alonso Epelde (Social Sciences and Law)
- Ane Miren Pablos Ormaza (Arts and Humanities)
- Aitor Guisasola Serrano (Science)
- Julen Rodriguez Castejón (Health Sciences)
- Marta Ostolaza Gaztelupe (Engineering and Architecture)
Amaya Landera López, Head of the Service of Postgraduate Studies
In accordance with Article 2 of the Regulations for its composition and election, the powers of the Postgraduate Committee are as follows:
- a) Advising the Rector and the Governing Council.
- b) Proposing to the Governing Council the approval of the postgraduate teaching aims, within the framework of the general strategic planning, as well its regulations for academic planning and management.
- c) Ensuring and accrediting the correct performance of the Quality Committees for the postgraduate studies.
- d) Evaluating the development of the teaching corresponding to official and its own postgraduate qualifications, as well as drawing up the annual report on the quality of the postgraduate studies of the UPV/EHU.
- e) Providing information on the proposals for the creation or modification of the postgraduate qualifications.
- f) Providing information on the teaching innovation programs for the postgraduate teaching.
- g) Informing the Governing Council about the proposals for the creation, modification and suppression of Teaching Centres and Departments, having heard the corresponding Campus Board.
- h) Agreeing on extensions corresponding to the qualifications within its competences.
- i) Proposing the appointment of the persons who are to judge the Doctoral Theses.
- j) Approving the granting of extraordinary postgraduate awards on the initiative of the Doctoral Centres and Schools.
- k) Ensuring the harmonization of the postgraduate studies.
- l) Whatever other powers are granted by the Statutes of the UPV/EHU and its development regulations, as well as by the legislation currently in force, or which are delegated to it by the governing bodies of the UPV/EHU. For these purposes, the reference which is made in the university regulations to the Doctoral Sub-Committee, the Committee for Academic Planning and the Doctorate in matters of postgraduate studies must be regarded as made to the Postgraduate Committee.
- m) Providing information on the catalogue for the quality training programs in the teaching within its competences.