The Postgraduate Committee is regulated by Articles 89 and 90 of the Statutes of the University and by the Regulation for its composition and election, approved by the Governing Council on 27 September 2012, published in the Official Gazette of the Basque Country on 29/10/2012 and modified on 18 July 2013.
Dª. Araceli Garín Martín, Vice-rector for Undergraduate and Graduate Studies.
In representation of the teaching and research staff:
Branch of knowledge of Arts and Humanities:
- Mª Luz Esteban Galarza
- Mikel Urquijo Goitia
- Itxaso Maguregui Olabarría
Branch of knowledge of Science:
- Juan Ramon González Velasco
- Isabel Goñi Echave
- Gotzone Barandika Argoitia
Branch of knowledge of Health Sciences:
- Ana Alonso Varona
- Alberto Perez Samartin
- Francisco Jose Perez Elortondo
Branch of knowledge of Social Sciences and Law:
- Andrés Araujo de la Mata
- Maria Begoña Zabalbidea Bengoa
- Miguel Angel Martinez Sedano
Branch of knowledge of Engineering and Architecture:
- Itziar Cabanes Axpe
- Miriam Peñalba Otaduy
- Xabier Sancho
- Branch of knowledge of Arts and Humanities:
In representation of the Students:
- Mikel Alayo Anasagasti
- Alaitz Etxaniz Aranzeta
- Daniel García Martínez
- Guillermo Pérez Barragán
- Malen Urkullu Arieta-Araubeña
Ainoa Larrinaga Larrazabal, Head of the Service of Postgraduate Studies.
In accordance with Article 2 of the Regulations for its composition and election, the powers of the Postgraduate Committee are as follows:
- a) Advising the Rector and the Governing Council.
- b) Proposing to the Governing Council the approval of the postgraduate teaching aims, within the framework of the general strategic planning, as well its regulations for academic planning and management.
- c) Ensuring and accrediting the correct performance of the Quality Committees for the postgraduate studies.
- d) Evaluating the development of the teaching corresponding to official and its own postgraduate qualifications, as well as drawing up the annual report on the quality of the postgraduate studies of the UPV/EHU.
- e) Providing information on the proposals for the creation or modification of the postgraduate qualifications.
- f) Providing information on the teaching innovation programs for the postgraduate teaching.
- g) Informing the Governing Council about the proposals for the creation, modification and suppression of Teaching Centres and Departments, having heard the corresponding Campus Board.
- h) Agreeing on extensions corresponding to the qualifications within its competences.
- i) Proposing the appointment of the persons who are to judge the Doctoral Theses.
- j) Approving the granting of extraordinary postgraduate awards on the initiative of the Doctoral Centres and Schools.
- k) Ensuring the harmonization of the postgraduate studies.
- l) Whatever other powers are granted by the Statutes of the UPV/EHU and its development regulations, as well as by the legislation currently in force, or which are delegated to it by the governing bodies of the UPV/EHU. For these purposes, the reference which is made in the university regulations to the Doctoral Sub-Committee, the Committee for Academic Planning and the Doctorate in matters of postgraduate studies must be regarded as made to the Postgraduate Committee.
- m) Providing information on the catalogue for the quality training programs in the teaching within its competences.