The Facility is equiped for:
Analysis of radiogenic and stable isotopes
- Thermal ionization mass spectrometer (TIMS Finnigan MAT262) equipped with 8 Faraday cups, optical pyrometer, secondary electron multiplier and RPQ filter, with electronics and software updated by Spectromat.
- Multi collector, high-resolution inductively coupled mass spectrometer (MC-ICP-MS Neptune) equipped with 9 Faraday cups, 8 ion counters and 1 SEM, optional interphase for dry plasma and double desolvation (Apex+Spiro).
Photo: Thermal ionization mass spectrometer Finnigan MAT262.
Photo: Multi collector, high-resolution inductively coupled mass spectrometer (MC-ICP-MS Neptune) with microautosampler and double desolvation (Apex+Spiro).
Elemental and isotopic microanalysis
- RESOLUTION SE (Applied Spectra) laser system for elemental and isotopic microanalysis of solid samples coupled to Q-ICP-MS or MC-ICP-MS spectrometers.
- Inductively coupled plasma source atomic emission spectrometer (ICP-AES) Optima 8300 and quadrupole mass spectrometers (Q-ICP-MS) XSeries 2 and iCAP Qc, fitted with collision cell, FAST system for sample uptake, gas dilution and ion exchange kits for speciation (As, Se, Cr)
- Metrohm 761 Compact Ion chromatograph for the analysis of anions and cations with chemical suppression and Metrohm 838 sample processer with on line ultra-filtration.
- Crushing, grinding and mineral separation equipment (crushing machines, disc and ring mills, Wilfley table, dense liquids, magnetic separators, abrasion, etc.).
- Metal-free clean room for sample treatment (PP laminar flow cabins, weighing, dissolution, sub-boiling distillation in quartz and Teflon, ion chromatography, etc.).
- Equipment (Fluxy and Katanax K1) for automatic fusion-dissolution of solid samples.