Areas of authority
- Fostering and coordinating actions for the mainstreaming of Basque and encouraging its learning and use at UPV/EHU.
- Promoting and upskilling Basque among staff at UPV/EHU.
- Managing accreditation for teaching staff to teach in Basque.
- Fostering the presence and use of Basque in research, dissemination and university outreach activities.
- Fostering and coordinating education and research in and dissemination of art and culture.
- Organising cultural outreach activities aimed at society in general.
- Editorial Service.
- Promoting activities in cooperation with universities and other organisations abroad, and in particular with universities in Aquitaine and Latin America.
- Managing and promoting exchanges of students, teaching and research staff and admin/service staff with organisations abroad.
- Managing and promoting incoming and outgoing mobility programmes for students, teaching and research staff and admin/service staff.
- Working with other vice-rectorates to coordinate international programmes of interest to UPV/EHU in the fields of teaching, research, organisation and funding.
- Working with public and private sector organisations on courses in Basque and Spanish as foreign languages, and languages other than the official languages at UPV/EHU, without prejudice to the specific remits of other vice-rectorates in this matter.
- Promoting the use of non-official languages in teaching.
- Promoting courses taught in non-official languages.
- Managing accreditation for teaching staff to teach in non-official languages.
All other actions required to promote the presence of Basque, culture and UPV/EHU in international forums and to raise its profile and increase its international outreach.