Areas of authority
- Pre-university guidance for university access: outreach & information on the UPV/EHU, attracting students and providing support and guidance to them during the enrolment stage.
- Guidance to students during their time at the university (courses, grants, activities, etc.).
- Catering for and responding to the educational needs of students with special needs.
- Care and psychological counselling for the university community through the Applied Psychology Unit.
- Links with alumni associations (EHUalumni), fostering and disseminating external activities.
- Support for the organising and development of activities driven by student councils.
- Relations with student organisations at the UPV/EHU.
- Monitoring of student participation in the governing bodies of the UPV/EHU.
- Catering for and responding to demand from university community members with disabilities.
- Coordinating and generally promoting the European ENLIGHT university network and its projects in regard to the UPV/EHU
- Coordinating the Latin American Postgraduate Studies Network and the strategy of extension to other universities and knowledge areas.
- Coordinating activities on campus to support and promote the employability of students, and providing information and guidance for the shift to employment in the general policy framework.
- Managing curricular and extracurricular external work experience.
- Relations with public and private sector organisations in the fabric of Basque society and the economy, in coordination with the various campuses and with the support of the Educational Advisory Unit, to develop and implement dual education and training and thus bring about a general improvement in the employability of university qualification holders.
- Coordinating and monitoring actions to promote a culture of entrepreneurship among students under the framework of the campus entrepreneurship programmes, and managing the Young Entrepreneur Grants programme.