Titulo - Programa
Doctoral programme coordination
MARTIN GONZALEZ, JOSE LUIS
- President: MARTIN GONZALEZ, JOSE LUIS
- Vocal: ARAMENDI ECENARRO, ELISABETE
- Vocal: LAZARO ARROTEGUI, JESUS
- Vocal: RODRIGUEZ CUESTA, MARIA VELIA
- Vocal: RUIZ DE GAUNA GUTIERREZ, SOFIA
- Vocal: UNZILLA GALAN, JUAN JOSE
- Vocal: ZUBIA ZABALLA, JOSEBA ANDONI
The research groups have suitable spaces for the work of the doctoral students next to their research laboratories and in the Departments to which they belong. In addition, the Higher Technical School of Engineering of Bilbao, where the two Departments and the Research Institute are based, has suitable classrooms and seminar rooms for all the activities envisaged in the doctoral program.
Since 2006, the Institute of Microelectronic Technology (TiM) has owned premises in the Technology Park of Bizkaia in Zamudio, with a total surface area of 1100 m2, of which 700 m2 are set aside for laboratories. In the 700 m2 there is a cleanroom 200 m2 in size, as well as its corresponding services for vacuums, compressed air, gas supply, deionized water and waste neutralization. It has rooms for wet-line, silk-screen printing, lithography, diffusion and vacuum deposition.
In addition, the Higher Technical School of Engineering of Bilbao has premises, 200 m2 in size, which have wet-line, silk-screen printing and slide measurement. It has a library and a computer room.
- Research Laboratory of the Group of Signal and Communications, 90 m2 in size, located at the Higher Technical School of Engineering of Bilbao. It is divided into three areas and includes a meeting room with projection facilities and an interactive board, a laboratory for up to 8 students and a room with seating for up to 6 pre-doctoral interns.
- Research Laboratory of the Telematics Research and Engineering Group (I2T), perfectly equipped for research into the lines specifically related to Telematics Engineering.
- Laboratory of Optical Communications, 100 m2 in size, located at the Higher Technical School of Engineering of Bilbao, with equipment for applications in communications, sensors and basic photonics for visible and near-infrared wavelengths. It also has a tower for the manufacture of plastic optical fibre (40 m2).
As well as the University Central Library, which has about a million volumes and subscriptions to more than 17,000 journals, the Higher Technical School of Engineering has its own library, where doctoral students can view or borrow any of the volumes available at the University or request articles from journals on the University website. The research groups also have small libraries with commonly used journals in their lines of research and a large collection of congress proceedings and doctoral theses from recent years.
Institutions with cooperation agreement
- Ingeteam Power Technology S.A., U.P. Technology
- Isofoton, S. A.
Other collaborating institutions
- Centro de Tecnologías Aeronáuticas
- Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, Berlin
- Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation
- Institut français des sciences et technologies des transports
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Keio University, Tokyo
- Lund University / Lunds Universitet
- Osatu, S.Coop.
- Politecnico di Torino
- Polymer Optical Fiber Application Center, Nürnberg
- Seconda Università degli Studi di Napoli
- System-on-Chip engineering
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET ILMENAU
- Télécom Bretagne
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF ENGLAND, BRISTOL
- Universidad Carlos III
- Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
- Universidad de Cantabria
- Universidad de Zaragoza
- Universiteit van Amsterdam
- University of North London
- University of Stavanger
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Sydney
- University of Washington, Seattle
- Università degli studi di Milano
- École Superieure des Technologies Industrielles Avancées-ESTIA