Doctoral programme coordination
DOLADO COSIN, JOSE JAVIER
- President: DOLADO COSIN, JOSE JAVIER
- Vocal: CALVO MOLINOS, BORJA
- Vocal: DIAZ GARCIA, OSCAR
- Vocal: GARAY VITORIA, NESTOR
- Vocal: MUGUERZA RIVERO, JAVIER FRANCISCO
- Vocal: SIERRA ARAUJO, BASILIO
The undergraduate and postgraduate teaching of the Faculty of Computer Science is conducted in classrooms located in the faculty building and in the lecture room building for the common use of the centres of the Gipuzkoa Campus of the University of the Basque Country. In the lecture room building the faculty has 15 classrooms of different sizes assigned to it, both classrooms for groups exceeding one hundred students and classrooms for groups of about thirty students. In the faculty building there are currently 4 classrooms for teaching purposes, as well as three seminar rooms which are used for teaching and for different meetings. The faculty building also provides several multi-purpose rooms. All the classrooms and seminar rooms have the necessary audiovisual resources for teaching in its various forms and the other necessary resources in each case. The booking of the faculty spaces is done electronically.
The Library of the University of the Basque Country provides sufficient resources for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching. It should be noted that in recent years the budget allocated to the University Library has increased considerably, in such a way that it fully guarantees the acquisition of bibliographical collections of different kinds necessary for the conducting of the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching. On the Gipuzkoa Campus the Library is located in the new Carlos Santamaría building and provides numerous services, including learning classrooms, language laboratories, a resource workshop for teaching and learning, etc. All these libraries are integrated, and therefore their collections are accessible from any centre of the University.
The collection of the University Library currently consists of 873,116 volumes, 17,008 journals and 2,972 CDs, as well as abundant audiovisual material (http://www.biblioteka.ehu.es/p207-content/es/contenidos/informacion/biblioteca_informacion_general/es_coleccio/coleccion.html). The bibliographical collections of each centre can be viewed in the respective reading rooms. Similarly, these collections may also be taken out on loan in accordance with the established rules. It is also possible for one centre to request library books and articles from other centres of the University. Finally, there is an inter-library loan service for works which cannot be found in the University Library. These are requested from Spanish and foreign institutions. The libraries of the centres have a photocopying service for the reproduction of their collections, in compliance with the current legislation.
The Library of the University of the Basque Country forms part of different cooperation networks, such as REBIUN (Network of University Libraries), DOCUMAT (Network of Mathematics Libraries) and DIALNET (Portal for the dissemination of Hispanic scientific production).
Moreover, the Library of the UPV/EHU is progressively introducing information and communication technologies into the services it provides, as scientific publishers offer their products through the new technologies and, more specifically, via Internet. These include the following bibliographical services of the University Library, which can be accessed by electronic means, entering their respective web portals:
- The databases of publications (journal articles, conference papers), Current Contents and Inspec which, among other fields, cover computer engineering and science.
- The Mathscidisk database, from the field of mathematics.
- Web of Knowledge of Thomson Scientific, access to which is provided by the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (Government of Spain) for the scientific and research community of the state.
- Electronic access to the full texts of over 7,000 journals. In particular, there is access to the collections of the IEEE, Elsevier, Wiley and Springer publishers.
- The University Library has the addresses of institutions and websites of interest, in fields such as computer engineering and science and mathematics.
Institutions with cooperation agreement
- BCAM Basque Centre for Applied Mathematics and Ikerbasque
- Basque Center for Macromolecular Design and Engineering. POLYMAT Fundazioa
- FATRONIK Tecnalia
- Fundacion tekniker
- Fundación Centro de Tecnologías de Interacción Visual y Comunicaciones Vicomtech
- ROBOTIKER - Tecnalia
- Savvy Data Systems S.L.
- Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco
- University of the Basque Country
- Université Michel de Montaigne - Bordeaux III
- Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour
Other collaborating institutions
- (KAVALA) TECHNOLOGICAL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE OF KAVALA
- Brunel University
- Euskal Meteorologia Agentzia
- Fundación Cartif
- Fundación Vasca de Innovación e Investigación Sanitaria BIOEF
- Ghent University
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- THE MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
- Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia
- Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña
- Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
- Universidad de Almería
- Universidad de Cienfuegos
- Universidad de Córdoba
- Universidad de Granada
- University of Birmingham
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Ottawa Canada
- Universität Mannheim
- Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour