The Organizing Committee of EuroSoTL-2019 is working to ensure that this conference is respeftful of the principles of sustainable development and of Agenda 2030.
In order to help meet this goal, we have introduced a variety of initiatives concentrated on six axes (mobility, energy, water, shopping, facilities and wastes) at different stages of the event (design and planning, organization, celebration and monitoring, dismantling and closure).
- Promotion of gender equality in the selection of the speakers and members of the committee.
- Celebration of the event in a place integrated into the public transport network and with energy-saving and energy efficiency measures.
- Promotion of transport on non-motorized transport means and/or ‘Eco’ or ‘zero emission’ vehicles
- Prevention of waste generation.
- Use of recycled and recyclable materials.
- Encouragement of biodiversity and local environmental richness
- Engagement of a catering with environmental and social criteria.
- Integration within the organizing committee of social groups that are at risk of exclusion.