ANALYTICAL AND HIGH-RESOLUTION MICROSCOPY IN BIOMEDICINE
- Ultrastructural study of cells and normal and pathological tissues.
- Morphology and ultrastructure of microorganisms.
- Immunocytochemical characterization of different cellular types.
- Morphological studies for taxonomic characterization in Zoology and Botany.
- Morphological checking of experimental morphological types of treatment.
- Ultrastructural study of cellular suspensions and isolated organelles.
- Control of materials via observation of surfaces.
- Observation, photographing and digitalization of sample images in TEM
- Observation and photographing of images in SEM
- Observation, obtaining and processing of digital images via confocal microscopy (both in fixed samples and in in vivo studies)
- Analysis of samples via flow cytometry
- Processing of samples for TEM and SEM:
- inclusion and ultramicrotomy
- metal coating
- drying at the critical point
- negative tinction
Areas of knowledge
- Cell Biology, Biomaterials, Biochemistry, Ecology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Histology, Immunology, Microbiology, Neuroscience, Zoology