GENERAL X-RAY SERVICE OF THE UPV/EHU: ROCKS AND MINERALS
Range of services
Depending on the types of analysis requested, the following services are offered:
- Measurement of diffractograms in optimal conditions for the requested purposes.
- Identification of minerals or other crystalline phases, estimation of the crystallite size from the diffractograms, specific mineralogical analysis of clays using XRD of oriented aggregates.
- Chemical analysis of major elements, and some trace elements, in geological and related samples, on bored glass pearl support, including loss through calcination.
- Qualitative / semi-quantitative chemical analysis in solid or powder samples, in cases where it is not possible or advisable to make a beaded glass pearl. Standardless software based on Fundamental Parameters is used.
- Scientific advice with the possibility of combining the results obtained in this Service with those from other complementary analytical techniques.
- For external consultancies, petrographic studies of thin sheet rock samples.
- Writing and issuance of reports of results.
- Training through specific courses in collaboration with the Molecules and Materials Unit of this same Service. Teaching support in different grades and masters.