If you are planing to come to our faculty (Faculty of Education of Bilbao) with a mobility exchange programme (Erasmus, America Latina, Other Destinations…), in the following sections you will find all the required information to study with us.
DEGREES WE OFFER (UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES)
The first three academic years of the degree in Social Education can be studied in Basque or in Spanish (it is recommended a B2 level of Spanish). But in the fourth year each subject is available in an EXCLUSIVE language (this can be Spanish or Basque).
In the degrees of Primary Education and Pre-Primary or Chilhood Education each subject is available in only one language (Spanish, Basque or English ; exceptionally, in two languages). So, it is necessary to look for information about the language to be used in each subject.
In order to follow the subjects of the Minor in Foreign language (Lengua Extranjera) it is compulsory to have a B2 level in English.
Final Degree Project
The Final Degree Project is an annual subject (12 credits). That is why it can not be chosen by those students who stay with us only for a semester.
It is possible to do practices, but we can not ensure them. In addition, students have to take into account that sometimes it is not possible to combine practices with the chosen subjetcs.
Inportant : When practices mean working with children, students must give us a certificate of sexual offences. Concretely, they need a copy for the Faculty and another one for the school.
English Friendly Course (EFC) refers to Undergraduate or Master subjects in which the lecturers are willing to tutor, conduct examinations and/or accept papers in English, although classes are given in Spanish or Basque. They are purposed for international students with an intermediate level of Spanish or Basque, that manage better in English.
- English Subjects at the Faculty of Education of Bilbao (2022-2023) (pdf, 462 KB)
- Schedule of the subjects offered in English and Spanish in Primary and Pre-primary education (pdf, 170,26 KB)
- Courses taught in English at the UPV/EHU 2022-2023 (you could choose courses from the campus of Biscay)
- Courses taught in French at the UPV/EHU 2022-2023 (you could choose courses from the campus of Biscay)
The academic year is divided in 2 semesters. The approximated data of them are:
- 1st semester: the classes start at the beginning of September and they end at the end of December. The exams are in January.
- 2nd semester: the classes start at the end of January and they finish at the middle of May. The exams are in May and June.
- The extraordinary exams are at the end of June and beginning of July.
The exact academic calendar with the timetables of the topics are published in July at our Web in the section "Calendarios, exámenes y tutorías" (they usually are similar to the previous academic year).
The most common option used by interchange-students is to rent a flat by 3 or 4 people. Anyway there are some residences and the possibility to live with a local family.
SPANISH/BASQUE COURSES FOR FOREIGNERS
Our university offer intensive Spanish courses in August-September, before the term begins, as well as regular Spanish and Basque courses along the two semesters.
(Deadlines are 15th June for first semester and 15th November for second semester)
Once your university has sent your nomination by email, we will send you the information package. You will then need to send us the Application Form.
After receiving your Application form, we will include you in our Students Management System and you will receive a link. Using that link you will need to go into the application, fill in all the required information and upload some documents, basically a copy of your passport and your learning agreement.
STUDENT VISITOR'S HANDBOOK
In this document you will find all the information required to prepare your stay.
International Relations Office of the Faculty
- Vicedean of International Relations: email@example.com
- Incoming students: International Officer:
- Ms. María José Lomas firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Edurne Espilla email@example.com
- Postal address: Decanato, Facultad de Educación de Bilbao, Barrio Sarriena s/n 48940 Leioa (Spain)
- Phone: +34946017505 - Fax +34946017500.
More information at the International web University of the Basque Country.
For issues concerning your stay, please contact our HELP CENTRE offices.
HELP CENTRE CAMPUS OF BIZKAIA (BILBAO):
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: + 34 94 601 73 65
- Address: Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería, Oficina P2A2, Alameda de Urquijo, s/n, Bilbao (TERMIBUS/ METRO SAN MAMES)
HELP CENTRE CAMPUS OF BIZKAIA (LEIOA):
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: + 34 94 601 58 68?
- Address: Library Building, 2. floor. Office 3A9, Leioa
OTHER INFORMATION OF INTEREST
Communicate your COVID-19 situation to the Faculty
Start of isolation CHANGE of status
or END of isolation
If you are in home isolation, after speaking to your health centre, you must inform the Faculty using the form above. In addition, you must inform the professors of the subjects in which you are enrolled.
Responsible for faculty COVID office:
(Social Education, Chilhood Education and Primary Education degrees)
Naiara Herrera Ruiz de Eguino.