Campus of Araba
Vitoria-Gasteiz is an extremely green city: walking and cycling are easy and enjoyable ways of reaching every corner of the city.
Public bus lines arriving near the campus:
- L8 is the circular line that connects the University of the Basque Country to almost every district in Vitoria-Gasteiz.
- L9, Gamarra-Zumaquera stretches from North to South and stops near the campus.
- L3, Betoño-Zumaquera, stops near the campus.
- Check all bus & tram lines in Vitoria-Gasteiz (pdf, 950 Kb)
- Cycle lanes & recommendations for cyclers (pdf, 950 Kb)
- Bus & tram discount cards
Campus of Biscay
Bilbao is a large city but you can walk almost everywhere downtown. The subway or the tram are the fastest and most comfortable means of transport connecting all districts around the city.
You can easily reach certain Faculties & Schools by metro.
Faculties & Schools located in central Bilbao
- Business School, Bilbao
- Faculty of Economics and Business Studies
- Higher Technical School of Engineering, Bilbao
- Technical Industrial Engineering School, Bilbao
- Higher Technical School of Nautical Studies
- School of Technical Mining and Public Works Engineering
Faculties & Schools located in our Leioa-Erandio complex, reachable by public bus:
- Leioa-Erandio complex map, bus stops and lines (pdf, 1,59 Mb)
- Bus lines routes in Bizkaia
- Transport fares and discount cards
Campus of Gipuzkoa (Donostia-San Sebastián)
San Sebastian is a relatively small city, so travelling around is quite easy. Several public bus lines connect different districts with the campus:
From Gros to the Campus
- Line 40, GROS-ANTIGUO-IGARA
- Line 33, LARRATXO-INTXAURRONDO-BERIO
From Amara to the Campus
- Line 24, ALTZA-GROS-ANTIGUO-INTXAURRONDO
From the city centre to the Campus
- Line 5, BENTA-BERRI
- Line 25, BENTA-BERRI-AÑORGA
- Dbus check all bus lines and frequencies
- Frequent bus user cards - BONOBUS, LURRALDE BUS, 10-DAY TOURIST CARD
Biking through Donostia-San Sebastián:
Visiting the Basque Country
While the high speed railway works progress in the Basque Country, there are currently several public transport alternatives to travel to and from the three main cities in the autonomous community:
- Bilbao-San Sebastián-Bilbao: PESA bus company connects both cities in 1hour and 10 minutes. Buses run every hour, approximate fare 10 €. Check timetables
- Vitoria-San Sebastián-Vitoria: ALSA operates several times everyday to and from Vitoria-Gasteiz. The ride takes 1hour 20 minutes. Approximate fare 6 €. More information
- Bilbao-Vitoria-Bilbao: The company LA UNIÓN-LA BURUNDESA operates several times a day to connect TERMIBUS in Bilbao and the official bus terminal in Vitoria-Gasteiz. The ride takes 1 hour and costs 6€. For further details, to go: www.autobuseslaunion.com.
Visiting other regions & countries
The Basque Country is well connected to the main cities in Spain, and you can also travel to France and Portugal quite easily.
Madrid and Barcelona:
- By air: All three airports in Bilbao, Vitoria-Gasteiz and Donostia-San Sebastián schedule daily flights to Madrid and Barcelona, although Loiu, the airport in Bilbao, is by far the most active and best-value way to fly to and from the Basque Country.
- By train: RENFE, the Spanish National Railway Network, operates ALVIA trains from the three cities to Madrid and Barcelona. There are several connections every day. Check promotions, prices and timetables.
- By bus: ALSA runs buses daily from Bilbao, Vitoria-Gasteiz and Donostia-San Sebastian to Madrid (5 hours 30 minutes approx.). See: www.alsa.com. VIBASA has three daily bus transfers to Barcelona. See: www.vibasa.es.
Paris, Lisbon and other European capitals:
- By air: You can fly directly to Paris, Lisboa and other European capitals from Loiu, the airport in Bilbao. www.aena.es.
- By train: It is extremely easy to reach Paris from San Sebastian. The French high speed railway network TGV has several daily trains scheduled from Hendaye to Montparnasse train station in Paris. To make your way to Hendaye (first French town after the border), take the EUSKOTREN train (station at Plaza Easo in San Sebastian). The ride takes 40 minutes. www.euskotren.es
- Night trains operate from Basque cities to Lisboa and several other European capitals. Check your destination, schedules and prices.