PRAXIS Research Group
Hannot Rodríguez. BA in Philosophy, MA in Philosophy and History of Science and Technology, and PhD in Philosophy (2007) from the University of the Basque Country UPV/EHU. Lecturer at the Department of Philosophy of the UPV/EHU. He is also a member of the Sánchez-Mazas Chair (UPV/EHU), and an affiliate of the Consortium for Science, Policy and Outcomes (CSPO) at Arizona State University. Research interests: risk governance of emerging technologies, socio-technical integration in science and technology policy, responsible innovation, and philosophical and social dimensions of science and technology.
|full Curriculum Vitae >|
- Rodríguez, H.; Eizagirre, A.; Ibarra, A. “Dynamics of Responsible Innovation Constitution in EU Research Policy: Tensions, Possibilities and Constraints”, in R. von Schomberg and J. Hankins (Eds.) International Handbook on Responsible Innovation. A Global Resource, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, 2019 (forthcoming). ISBN: 978-1-78471-885-5.
- Rodríguez, H. (2018). “Nanotechnology and Risk Governance in the European Union: the Constitution of Safety in Highly Promoted and Contested Innovation Areas”, NanoEthics, 12(1): 5-26.
- Eizagirre, A., Rodríguez, H., Ibarra, A. (2017). "Politicizing Responsible Innovation: Responsibility as Inclusive Governance", International Journal of Innovation Studies, 1(1): 20-36.
- Krings, B.-J., Rodríguez, H. and Schleisiek, A. (Eds.). Scientific Knowledge and the Transgression of Boundaries. Springer VS. Wiesbaden. 2016.
- Rodríguez, H. (2016). "From objective to constituted risk: an alternative approach to safety in strategic technological innovation in the European Union", Journal of Risk Research, 19(1): 42-55.
- Rodríguez, H. "Risk and Trust in Institutions that Regulate Technology: Challenges for a Socially Legitimate Risk Analysis", in W. J. González (Ed.) New Perspectives on Technology, Values, and Ethics: Theoretical and Practical, Springer (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science), Dordrecht, 2015, pp. 147-166.
- Rodríguez, H., Fisher, E. and Schuurbiers, D. (2013). "Integrating science and society in European Framework Programmes: Trends in project-level solicitations", Research Policy, 42(5): 1126-37.
- Rodríguez, H., Hu, M. and Fisher, E. "Socio-Technical Integration: Research Policies in the United States, European Union and China", in S. H. Christensen, C. Mitcham, B. Li and Y. An (Eds.) Engineering, Development and Philosophy: American, Chinese and European Perspectives, Springer, Dordrecht, 2012, pp. 291-304.
Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) in EU research policy: meanings and scope.
- Dynamics and constraints of nanotechnology risk governance in the EU.
- “Re-Framing Responsible Innovation: The Relevance of Institutional Context” (with L. Mei and J. Chen), Society for the Studies of New and Emerging Technologies Annual Meeting: “Engaging the Flux”, Phoenix, AZ (EEUU), 9-11 October 2017.
- “Rethinking Technology in the Anthropocene: Relations and ‘Gravitational Forces’”, SPT2017: ‘The Grammar of Things’ – 20th Conference of the Society for Philosophy and Technology, Darmstadt (Germany), 14-17 July 2017.
- “The Value of Processes in the Development of Emerging Technologies: RRI Beyond Principles” (with A. Eizagirre and A. Ibarra), Fifth Annual Conference on Governance of Emerging Technologies: “Law, Policy and Ethics”, Phoenix, AZ (EEUU), 17-19 May 2017.