PRAXIS Research Group
Department of Philosophy
University of the Basque Country, UPV/EHU
Paseo de la Universidad, 5
Tel.: +34 945 013986
Fax.: +34 945 013200
Hannot Rodríguez. BA in Philosophy, MA in Philosophy and History of Science and Technology, and PhD in Philosophy (2007) from the University of the Basque Country UPV/EHU. Associate Professor at the Department of Philosophy of the UPV/EHU. He is also a member of the Sánchez-Mazas Chair (UPV/EHU), and an affiliate of the Consortium for Science, Policy and Outcomes (CSPO) at Arizona State University. Research interests: risk governance of emerging technologies, public trust, socio-technical integration, responsible innovation, anticipatory governance, and "Open Science".
|full Curriculum Vitae >|
- Rodríguez, H. (2022). "Desarrollos y límites de la innovación responsable: RRI y Open Science frente al entramado ideológico del progreso institucionalizado", Recerca. Revista de Pensament i Anàlisi, 27(2): 1-29.
- Urueña, S., Rodríguez, H., Ibarra, A. (2021). “Foresight and responsible innovation: Openness and closure in anticipatory heuristics”, Futures, 134: 1-15 (Article: 102852).
- Rodríguez, H., Urueña, S., Eizagirre, A., Imaz, O. (2019) (Eds.) Anticipación e innovación responsable: la construcción de futuros alternativos para la ciencia y la tecnología. Biblioteca Nueva. Madrid and Barcelona.
- Rodríguez, H., Eizagirre, A., Ibarra, A. (2019). “Dynamics of responsible innovation constitution in European Union research policy: tensions, possibilities and constraints”, in R. von Schomberg and J. Hankins (Eds.) International Handbook on Responsible Innovation: A Global Resource, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham and Northampton, MA, pp. 167-180.
- Rodríguez, H. (2018). “Nanotechnology and Risk Governance in the European Union: the Constitution of Safety in Highly Promoted and Contested Innovation Areas”, NanoEthics, 12(1): 5-26.
- Eizagirre, A., Rodríguez, H., Ibarra, A. (2017). "Politicizing Responsible Innovation: Responsibility as Inclusive Governance", International Journal of Innovation Studies, 1(1): 20-36.
- Krings, B.-J., Rodríguez, H. and Schleisiek, A. (2016) (Eds.). Scientific Knowledge and the Transgression of Boundaries. Springer VS. Wiesbaden.
- Rodríguez, H. (2016). "From objective to constituted risk: an alternative approach to safety in strategic technological innovation in the European Union", Journal of Risk Research, 19(1): 42-55.
- Rodríguez, H., Fisher, E. and Schuurbiers, D. (2013). "Integrating science and society in European Framework Programmes: Trends in project-level solicitations", Research Policy, 42(5): 1126-1137.
Work in Progress & Recent Talks
Work in progress:
Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) in EU research policy: meanings and scope.
- Anticipatory governance and “Open Science”: relationships and possibilities.
My most recent talks include:
- "RRI and Open Science in the face of prevailing EU future narratives:
ambivalences and resistances" (with S. Urueña), EASST Conference:
Politics of Technoscientific Futures, Madrid (Spain), 6-9 July 2022.
- “Opening Up Sociotechnical Entrenchments through Anticipations: Relational Quality and the Heuristics of Foresight” (with S. Urueña and A. Ibarra), EASST/4S Conference: Locating and Timing Matters: Significance and Agency of STS in Emerging Worlds, Prague (Czech Republic) [online], 18-21 August 2020.
- “Enacting Anticipatory Heuristics: Socio-epistemic Robustness as Relational Quality” (with S. Urueña and A. Ibarra), 3rd International Conference on Anticipation, Oslo (Norway), 9-11 October 2019.