TEACHING UNIT: ECOSYSTEM SERVICES. ARE WE AWARE OF WHAT OUR SURROUNDINGS CAN OFFER US?
The Ecosystem Services Assessment of the Basque Country Project has developed teaching material aimed at the second level of secondary education, which offers a way to study ecosystem services both inside and outside the classroom.
This material, available in digital form in both Basque and Castilian, pursues the following learning objectives:
- Identifying ecosystem services.
- Analysing and assessing the present state of ecosystem services.
- Understanding the relationship between ecosystem services and the well-being of people.
- Carrying out action plans aimed at improving ecosystem services.
- Implementing the suggested proposals.
The teaching unit is also aimed at working towards the Sustainable Development Goal 11 (Sustainable cities and communities) of the 2030 Agenda.