Bachelor's Degree in Childhood Education
The Bachelor’s Degree in Childhood Education will provide students with the basic training required to become a teacher for the 0–6-year-old range. Although it is not mandatory, it is normal for children of these ages to attend school. The purpose of this degree is to train professionals who are ready to teach in a bilingual context.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Childhood Education will provide students with the academic training, theory and practise necessary to face this significant challenge. Students will internalise the tools needed to contribute to children’s personal development in subjects with artistic, scientific, ethics and social, linguistic, motor, mathematical and technological content.
Students will also be able to choose between these five specialisations: Foreign Language, Musical Education, Syllabus and Resources, Linguistic Diversity in School and Innovation in Pre-School Centres.
Starting in the second year, students will participate first-hand in educational projects at various schools through the mandatory internships.
A B2 certification in Basque language is required in order to register.
4 reasons to choose this degree
- We will train you to teach in three languages: Basque, Spanish and English.
- You will learn to face linguistic learning situations in multi-cultural and multilingual environments.
- You will be immersed in innovative methodologies (CLIL/AICLE) and you will develop the skills necessary to successfully use three languages in any subject.
- You will be able to complete your training at major European universities through the ERASMUS+ programme.
- If you are interested in developing the personality, self-esteem, character, values and emotional intelligence of children from 0 to 6 years-old; if you would like to analyse their interest and curiosity for learning through projects and workshops; if you would like to further study the tools this requires and if you believe that we must begin with the young in order to improve society, the Degree in Infant Education is the best option for you.
- Infant teachers can work in several fields:
- Teaching children aged 0 to 3 and 3 to 6 in schools.
- Services and programmes for infants aimed at helping families; entertainment and leisure services, such as play schools and children’s libraries.
- Production of syllabus and teaching materials.
- Teaching support services in schools.
- Complementary education services.