The overall objective of the Research Infrastructures Programme under Horizon Europe is to empower Europe through world-class and accessible research infrastructures, as part of an integrated European research and technology infrastructures landscape.
The Research Infrastructures work programme is structured around the following five destinations:
- Destination - Developing, consolidating and optimising the European research infrastructures landscape, maintaining global leadership (INFRADEV), to contribute to a strong, excellent and impactful European Research Area, by reinforcing RI capacities in Europe, their role at the global level and the policy-making in this field;
- Destination - Enabling an operational, open and FAIR EOSC ecosystem (INFRAEOSC), aiming at delivering a “Web of FAIR Data and Services” for Science: a trusted virtual environment supporting Open Science, based on key horizontal core functions, with their corresponding e-infrastructures, and service layers accessible to researchers across disciplines throughout Europe;
- Destination - RI services to support health research, accelerate the green and digital transformation, and advance frontier knowledge (INFRASERV), with a focus on the provision of integrated RI services to enable R&I addressing major societal challenges, notably in health, in support of the green and digital transformation and ensuring resilience to crises as well as to support curiosity-driven research and advancement of frontier knowledge in broad scientific domains;
- Destination - Next generation of scientific instrumentation, tools and methods and advanced digital solutions (INFRATECH), to enable new discoveries and keep Europe’s RIs at the highest level of excellence, while paving the way to innovative solutions to societal challenges and new industrial applications, products and services;
- Destination - Network connectivity in Research and Education – Enabling collaboration without boundaries (INFRANET), providing high-bandwidth networks and network services to interconnect researchers, data and computing resources in a non-discriminatory way regardless of the location of the users and the resources to allow scientists to conduct excellent research.
More information is available here: