The Doctoral School (DocS) is the centre that runs the UPV/EHU Doctoral studies, through which the students obtain their doctorate and which accredits them as research staff.
Among the strategic objectives of the Vicerrectorado de Investigación are the development of excellence in research and the contribution to the generation and transfer of knowledge to companies and institutions.
The Vice Rectorate of Research:
- It facilitates the incorporation of young scientists into society and the results of their research.
- Improves communication and research knowledge between the University and the Society.
- It manages and promotes the participation of university researchers in project calls and collaboration with other organizations in the field of research.
- Advises companies and institutions that want to collaborate with the university and channel their R&D demands or advice to research groups.
- It promotes the protection of research results through patents and intellectual property objects and their subsequent exploitation.
- It advises and collaborates in the creation of technology-based companies and the creation of strategic collaboration networks.