The Degree programme course in Biology teaches the origin, evolution and properties of living beings on very diverse scales, from the molecule to the biosphere, integrating structural, functional and evolutionary approaches. The following are the main concepts of study:
- The genetic, morphological and functional foundations of biodiversity.
- The development of tools for cataloguing animals, plants, fungi, microorganisms and virus.
- Phylogenetic analysis and the management of natural resources.
- Isolating and analysing biomolecules, metabolic activities and the conduct of genetic and molecular diagnostics.
- Obtaining and preserving different types of cells, tissue and organisms, and applying safe laboratory procedures.