Degree in Geology
The degree programme in Geology trains students in gathering and interpreting information from the terrestrial surface and subsoil to determine the past and present of the planet as well as to predict its future. In addition, it provides the know-how necessary to:
- Prepare geological maps, which are essential to territorial planning and to proposing strategies for sustainable development.
- Apply geological know-how to explore, extract and manage natural resources.
- Acquire a spatial and temporal overview of geological processes and their effects on the planet.
- Analyse and interpret field and laboratory data and observations using the proper techniques and instruments.
- Convey geological information in writing as well as orally.
- Understand current environmental processes and the possible associated risks.