Application for master degree

Official Masters degrees from UPV/EHU will be issued by the Rector in standardised format and recorded in the Official University Degrees Register.

Requests for the issue of the relevant degrees can be presented on line (GAUR) or at the School in charge of the Master, with the following documentation:

  • Photocopy of national ID (DNI).
  • Receipt for payment of relevant fees. Students may apply for exemptions and reductions from public fees in accordance with the corresponding regulations.
  • If the degree has not been submitted by the time enrolment has been formalized, a photocopy of the degree and original thereof for comparison purposes.

The School in charge will issue the graduate with confirmation of payment of the cost of issue of the relevant master degree, which will have the same effect as the possession of the same until the degree has been issued.

Once printed, the degree must be collected in person by the interested party from the School in charge of the Master. If the interested party is unable to do so, they can authorise another person to collect the degree on their behalf by way of power of attorney.

Notwithstanding the above, the interested party will be able to request in writing that the School in charge of the master forward the degree to the Office of the Vice-Rector on Bizkaia campus, Gipuzkoa campus or Alava campus, or to the Provincial Office for Education and Culture, Education Office or Consular Office closest to their place of abode.

Personal academic transcript

Students may request a copy of their PERSONAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT at any time by following these steps:

Requesting your transcript online

The university's academic records programme, GAUR now includes an option called 'Petición Certificado Académico Personal (CAP)'.

Payment can be made:

  • Online through a payment gateway (using online banking or a credit card)
  • In person at a bank using the fee payment form

You can request that your transcript be sent to you or held for pick-up at the Secretary's Office.

Requesting your transcript at the Secretary's Office

  1. Complete the transcript request form available from the Secretary's Office of the centre in charge of your Master's programme.
  2. Pay the corresponding fees using the payment form you will be given when you request your transcript.

If you are unable to request your transcript in person, you may authorise a third party to do so; this person must present written authorisation from you and a photocopy of your national ID card, as well as a photocopy of their own national ID card.

Although it is not required, WE STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU REQUEST YOUR PERSONAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT along with your degree certificate upon completing your studies.