- Bilbao airport (Loiu) is approximately 10 km. from the city of Bilbao. Spanish Airport Authority, AENA. Direct buses run every day from Loiu airport to Donostia-San Sebastian bus terminal (1h15min ride, approximately 17 euros). Check timetables at www.pesa.net.
- Other nearby airports are:
- San Sebastian airport (Fuenterrabía-Hondarribia): 30 minutes away. Buses operate from the airport to San Sebastian city centre (Plaza Gipuzkoa) for 2 euros approximately. Check timetables at www.aena.es/en/san-sebastian-airport/public-transport.html.
- Biarritz airport (in France): 1h20min away. Buses to San Sebastian
- Noain airport (in Pamplona): 1 hour away. Transport to the city centre.
- Arriving by train is another option. The French high speed train TGV arrives at Hendaye station, a border town from where you can travel to San Sebastian. Check railway routes in France at www.voyages-sncf.com. Once in Hendaye, off the TGV station building to the right, take the EUSKOTREN train network to San Sebastian (arriving at EUSKOTREN terminal, Amara district). 40min ride, 3 euros approximately. Last train around 10pm. Check timetables at www.euskotren.es.