The evaluation process will be implemented in 2 phases:
Step 1: Assessment of the applications, following the next criteria
- Academic profile (CV, motivation letter): Weight – 60%. Academic and/or professional curriculum in relation to the stage of the candidate’s career. Evaluators will evaluate the excellence of the CV of the applicant, and the expected impact that the fellowship would have on the candidate’s career.
- Project proposal: Weight – 40%. Evaluators will evaluate the scientific quality, concept, originality and potential impact of the proposal, and also the quality of the research methodology and feasibility (including a match between the candidate’s skills and proposed project).
Different values will be applied in the Evaluation Phase in the case of researchers with less experience (less than 10 years or career break) compared to those for researchers with more than 10 years of experience in order to guarantee equal opportunities regardless of background.
Step 2 – Interview: This part will be open only to the best candidates selected in the previous step
- Candidate’s potential (weight 50%): in order to have a general perception of the candidate’s potential, experts will pay attention to “soft” skills, such as clear, consistent discourse and articulation of ideas, ability to present complex reasoning, team working; and capabilities such as independent reasoning, originality, entrepreneurship, and leadership. Liaison between the fellow´s research project and the research lines of the hosting group. Ability to establish synergies in relation to the development of research potential (leading new projects, expanding funding sources…) and the transfer of knowledge to a more applied market that can benefit both parties.
- Motivation and purpose (weight 30%): experts will assess the impact of the candidate's motivation, understood in its broadest sense: capacity to contribute to transformation and improvement in Advanced Manufacturing, but also in other transversal areas such as the economy, society, the quality of life of citizens, the environment etc. Experts will assess the impact for the candidate and society; innovation, originality and feasibility; and the candidate’s capabilities with regard to the scope of their proposed work..
- Academic and professional background (weight 20%): experts will assess the candidate’s previous track record and referees´ comments. The academic and professional background of the candidate in relation to the stage of the career they are in and opportunities, in this respect, that they may have obtained.
The final scoring for each candidate will be given by:
- The evaluation report from the Evaluation Committee: Weight – 75%.
- The individual scoring of the interviews: Weight – 25%.