The so-called 'Springer author's workshop' is a session of about one hour dedicated to young researchers willing to learn about publishing scientific research. Some of the issues usually discussed are:
- Traditional publishing versus Open Access
- How to choose a journal
- How to build your paper
- What are IF and other indexes, and how they work
- How to publish a book (with Springer)
- Some tools offered for free by Springer and specifically addressed to authors, like Author Academy, authormapper.com, springerexemplar.com, or SpringerLink.com
- Questions and open discussion
The Springer author's workshop will be held at the Paraninfo of the Faculty of Science and Technology in Leioa, on Tuesday July 1 from 18:30 to 19:30.
Alfio Quarteroni (Springer author and Editor-in-Chief of several books series and journals) will join the workshop as invited speaker.
PLEASE VISIT THE SPRINGER BOOTH AND MEET WITH EDITORS TO DISCUSS YOUR PUBLISHING PROPOSAL DURING THIS CONFERENCE. YOU WILL ALSO HAVE THE CHANCE TO PARTICIPATE TO A LOTTERY AND WIN A PRIZE OF A VALUE OF € 150 WORTH OF BOOKS!
You can download the presentation given by Francesca Bonadei here.