The UPV/EHU is part of the Eduroam program that provides connectivity and mobility between members of the partner institutions. Eduroam has security and authentication mechanisms and can be used by the PDI, PAS, students and other groups (BESTEAK) of the UPV/EHU.
To provide connectivity for individual guests or those present at group events who cannot use Eduroam, a WiFi network has been created that can be accessed through a captive portal called EHU-wGuest.
EHU-wGuest access requirements
To access EHU-wGuest, the user must have:
- Terminal (computer, PDA, Smartphone, tablet, etc.) that meets Wi-Fi 802.11abgn standards (802.11 a and n are only available in certain coverage areas).
- Authorisation from a PAS or PDI of the UPV/EHU, which will provide the user name and password required to connect to EHU-wGuest (access account).
- A valid account , i.e. an account that has not expired or been deactivated.
- The user must be in a WiFi zone of the UPV/EHU.
How to use EHU-wGuest
To access the EHU-wGuest network, the user must establish a connection with the SSID EHU-wGuest. The security of this SSID is very basic, as indicated before the connection is established.
It is the responsibility of the user to adopt the security measures necessary to protect their terminals from threats usually encountered in a public network, and to avoid threats to other terminals in the network.
Once the connection has been established, open any page on a web browser. The request will be redirected to the EHU-wGuest portal that will look like the page below:
Limitations of the service
- Accounts created for individual visitors to EHU-wGuest are for personal use and, therefore, non-transferrable.
- EHU-wGuest accounts are valid for between 1 and 30 days (accounts valid for longer periods can be created where justified under exceptional circumstances).
- Use of the EHU-wGuest network is monitored.
- Internet access is limited to the ports necessary to establish VPNs, web navigation and FTP.