The Chair in International Studies has the following objectives:
- To promote research into international themes in a multidisciplinary approach that incorporates the possible contributions from different social sciences.
- Educate postgraduate students and train professionals in international themes according to the demands of public and private institutions.
- Facilitate the transmission of knowledge about international affairs from the academic world to society in general - administration, businesses y citizens.
- Promote international cooperation between higher education institutions in the research areas relevant to the Chair.
- Collaborate with the centres, institutions and organisms of the Basque Country that share the objectives of this Chair.