The ‘Donostia Research group on Education and Multilingualism' (DREAM) conducts research on various aspects of multilingualism in educational settings. It focuses on the analysis of linguistic and communicative competence in the languages used in the school curriculum and within the family.
The DREAM group, based at the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), is internationally renowned for its publications, presentations and papers at international conferences.
OpenAccess articles of our research group (most recent first):
(1) Oihana Leonet, Jasone Cenoz & Durk Gorter (2017). Challenging Minority Language Isolation: Translanguaging in a Trilingual School in the Basque Country, Journal of Language, Identity & Education, 16:4, 216-227. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/15348458.2017.1328281
(2) Alaitz Santos, Jasone Cenoz & Durk Gorter (2017). Attitudes and anxieties of business and education students towards English: some data from the Basque Country, Language, Culture and Curriculum, 31:1, 94-110. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/07908318.2017.1350189
(3) Karin van der Worp, Jasone Cenoz & Durk Gorter (2017). From bilingualism to multilingualism in the workplace: the case of the Basque Autonomous Community, Language Policy, 407-432, 16, 4. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10993-016-9412-4
(4) Jasone Cenoz & Durk Gorter (2017). Minority languages and sustainable translanguaging: threat or opportunity?, Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development, 38:10, 901-912, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/01434632.2017.1284855
(5) Durk Gorter & Jasone Cenoz (2016). Language education policy and multilingual assessment, Language and Education, 31:3, 231-248, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/09500782.2016.1261892
(6) Elizabet Arocena Egaña, Jasone Cenoz, & Durk Gorter (2015). Teachers’ beliefs in multilingual education in the Basque country and in Friesland, Journal of Immersion and Content-Based Language Education, 3, 2, 169-193. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1075/jicb.3.2.01aro
(7) Jasone Cenoz (2015). Content-based instruction and content and language integrated learning: the same or different?, Language, Culture and Curriculum, 28:1, 8 24. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/07908318.2014.1000922