Personal Docente Visitante

Personal Docente Visitante

The University of the Basque Country is willing to welcome visiting lecturers for stays that range from 1 week to 2 years. We participate in the European Life Long Learning Program and are engaged in Erasmus, Grundvig, Leonardo, Jean Monnet Actions and other transversal activities.

Erasmus+ for teaching staff

The European mobility programme includes -in most cases- possibilities for visiting lecturers to join us with a view to share experiences with our own teaching staff. The University of the Basque Country has more than 450 exchange agreements with other European universities. Most visiting lecturers travel for a one-week visit, although the programme fixes a limit of 6 weeks. Most requirements and conditions applying to come to the University of the Basque Country are dictated by your own university of origin; that is why, we recommend you to check the availability and terms of each mobility agreement with your institution. Here you will find the list of teaching staff agreements in force at our university for the present academic year: Teaching staff agreements for 2010-2011

Should you need further assistance, it is also possible to contact our mobility coordinators in each Faculty or School.

'Latin America and Other Destinations' programme; exchange opportunities for teaching staff

The Vice-Rectorate for International Relations at the University of the Basque Country manages these two mobility programmes, both for students and teaching staff. Check our exchange agreements with universities in the USA, Canada, Russia, Philippine Islands, New Zealand, etc (enlace pdf). Check our mobility agreements with Latin American universities (enlace pdf). If you wish to contact one of our Departments, please visit our website.

Foreign language assistants

The University of the Basque Country hosts several foreign language assistants every year, i.e. 'lectores'. Our language assistance contracts are based on agreements previously signed by the University of the Basque Country and certain foreign institutions. Language assistants usually teach language, culture or literature and are equally expected to organise cultural activities related to their country of origin. Applicants must hold a Bachelor´s degree, Architecture or Engineering Diploma before they submit their application for undergraduate programmes; however, candidates holding a PhD can equally request to become language assistants in certain graduate programmes. For further information on foreign language assistance stays at the University of the Basque Country, go to our website.

European projects, teaching staff mobility opportunities

The University of the Basque Country runs several European projects aiming to enhance mobility at all levels. Visit our website to find out more about each project. Also, we recommend you check our NEWS section on a regular basis.

Teaching contracts at the University of the Basque Country

Teaching contracts at the University of the Basque Country range from occasional visits to 2-year agreements. All contracts require the invitation or proposal of the relevant Department of the University of the Basque Country. Access the list of our Departments. Visiting lecturers are required to work on the tasks entrusted by the University of the Basque Country on a full-time basis. Candidates should submit the application form (enlace pdf) and CV to the relevant Department. By way of illustration, calls for the fall and winter semesters (September to January) are usually open beginning March, whereas those applying to the spring semester (February to June) most often remain applicable in October.

Fulbright Specialist Program

The Fulbright Program helps American experts and scholars travel abroad within the framework of graduate seminars or professional counselling workshops. The length of sponsored stays varies from 2 to 6 weeks. Should you be considering the idea of travelling to the University of the Basque Country, please go to Fulbright Spain.