Doctoral candidates - Campus Araba UPV/EHU
- To be registered in a Doctoral Program 1st year.
- To have at least B2 English level (candidates must present a certificate), although a C1 level would be advisable.
- Participants must attend all classes for the final assessment and the course certificate.
- AUTHENTIC ACADEMIC TEXTS produced by the participants. These might include articles, abstracts and current papers that attendees are working on. Main focus however on PPTS or Prezis produced for use at International Congresses (medium of English).
- LIVE POSTER SESSION (Recorded) preparation of Posters. Simulation of Congress Meeting. Participants visit Poster displays, explaining their research projects to other participants.
- LIVE PRESENTATIONS (Recorded) of Presentations given by actual participants based on PPTs or Prezis supplied.
Visual materials work
- Prezi Training Sessions.
- The Production of Dynamic, Accurate and Reduced Text.
- Citation Norms and Presentation.
- Dynamic PPTs or Prezis. Sufficient but not overwhelming.
- Voice Projection Sessions – Paused Delivery, Breathing Control (Diaphragm Training), Relaxation Techniques.
- Public Speaking Skills – ‘Best Practice' Body Language Sessions, Effective Prosody, Segmental Phonological Intelligibility (Focus on Cognates / Citation of Authors).
- High Frequency Congress Speak – Analysis and Practice: ‘Knowing what to Expect'.
Teachers from nextlingo:
- Hywel Llewelyn: Course Co-ordinator. A Phonologist specialising in the segmental analysis of non-native speaker speech production. Focus on best practice, ‘comfortable intelligibility' pronunciation.
- Madeleine Canon: A Voice Projection and Acting Coach, a professional who has been commissioned to work for BBC radio.
- Laura Bray: English for Academic Purposes Specialist. Focuses on preparation and production of Academic materials.
- Terrell Montgomery: English for Specific Purposes Specialist. Has a 'Financial English' professional background. Has been teaching, both text and structure.
Centro de investigación Lascaray ikergunea
|September 17th to November 19th||Thursdays 10:00-14:15|
15 participants per course
ONLINE. Students will be admitted to the course according to the inscription order.