Regulations Governing the Management of Doctoral Studies
- Any doctoral students wishing to submit their thesis work for consideration for any of the distinctions may have recourse either to the current or previous regulations providing their thesis is submitted for academic registry prior to 30 June 2020.
- The obligation on the supervisor to check the document for signs of plagiarism and to sign the corresponding document shall apply to all theses submitted for academic registry from 30 October 2019.
- The Pro Vice-chancellor responsible for matters related to PhD studies is authorised to interpret and resolve any issues that may arise during the application of these regulations, and to issue complementary regulations developing thereon.
- Upon the recommendation of the Pro Vice-chancellor responsible for matters related to PhD studies, the UPV/EHU’s Postgraduate Commission shall approve any procedures that ensure the quality of doctoral programmes in its management process. It shall likewise establish any provisions of an administrative or academic nature it deems fit.
- The Pro Vice-chancellor responsible for matters related to PhD studies, and the UPV/EHU’s Postgraduate Commission, shall establish the procedure and schedule for managing doctoral studies and shall post them on the university’s website.
- All aspects not covered by this legislation or by its developing regulations, shall be subject to the provisions of the current regulations.
- These regulations shall come into force on the day following their publication in the BOPV (Official Gazette of the Basque Country).
Any provisions that are in conflict with the terms of these regulations are hereby repealed.